When a new employee begins employment:
All enrollments/waiver of insurance for eligible new hires must now be done online through the employee’s web benefits portal. An email will be sent automatically to the employee once they’ve been approved in the payroll system. If the employee does not receive that email within their first week of employment, please contact Human Resources immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Benefits Summary Full Time – for full time employees (full-time is working 30 hours or more per week during a school year or calendar year)
2019 Benefits Summary for Part Time – for part-time employees (part-time is working less than 30 hours per week during a school year or calendar year)
To assist you with entering your new hire into Paylocity, you can use the New Hire Guide as a checklist.
When an employee leaves employment:
What to do when an employee terminates (completed by Parish Business Manager/School Administrator):
- Terminate employee in Paylocity using the last day worked as the termination date. This will trigger notification to terminate benefits.
- Provide them the document 2019 Benefits for Those Leaving Employment.
- Remove their access to security systems, websites, email, etc.
- Retrieve business property such as keys, security cards/badges, ID’s, computers, etc.
HR Guides for Business Managers
Documents that may assist you:
Best practices for hiring:
- Best practices for hiring process
- Hiring checklist
- Common and legal interview questions
- Reference check form
- Job description model
- Application for employment
- Video presentation of above documents – April 13, 2017
New Hire/Rehire Guide for Paylocity -updated October, 2017
2018 FLSA Pay Compliance Manual – updated January, 2018
Employment Law Manual – updated April, 2017