The Archdiocese knows how important it is to have financial security in retirement. So all employees, both full-time AND part-time, are eligible for the Retirement Savings Plan.
Accessing Your Account
You will receive a personalized account statement after each calendar quarter. You can also access your account by telephone or online.
Your savings and investment returns will make up a significant portion of your retirement income. To help you stay connected to your account, McCready and Keene offers online access. To access your account, you must first register in the system.
1. Log on to www.archindyretirement.org. If you’re a new hire, you may not have access until about your 2nd or 3rd paycheck during which time McCready and Keene will mail you a letter to your home with login information. If you don’t receive this letter, please call McCready and Keene at 800-442-4015.
2. If you can’t remember your user ID or password, please call McCready and Keene at 800-442-4015.
To change your deferral, access your account as shown above and then:
1. Choose “Plan Services” at the top of the screen in the menu bar
2. Choose “Deferral % Change” from the drop down selection
3. In the box under “new value” indicate the % of salary you wish to have withheld per pay period
4. Click “submit deferral change”
Things you can do online:
- Start saving for retirement
- Change your address (this is the only way to change your address with this plan; changing it in Paylocity will not notify your 403b plan)
- Change your email address
- Change your salary deferral (the percentage saved
on a pre-tax basis from your pay)
- View your account balance and investment elections
- View your transaction history
- Change your investment elections
- Produce a statement on-demand using data you select
- See the performance and expense ratios of available investment options
- Change your beneficiary
Your savings contributions are made on a before-tax basis as a percentage of your pay. If you were hired after July 1, 2008 as a new full-time employee, you will be automatically enrolled in the Retirement Savings Plan at a contribution rate of 2% of pay. Your contribution rate will increase by 1% each year (starting in 2010) until you reach a contribution rate of 8%, which is the maximum contribution rate we match (see Matching Contributions described below).
Part time employees are auto enrolled at 0%.
Funds are invested in the Target Retirement Funds described below, unless other investments are selected.
If you were hired prior to July 1, 2008, you were not automatically enrolled in the 403(b) Plan. If you have not already elected to contribute to this plan, you may do so at any time.
Click here for the required auto enrollment notice.
to Your Contributions during the Year
You may stop saving at any time. You can also change the amount you are contributing (payroll deduction) once per quarter.
to Your Investments
You can change how your future contributions are invested at any time. You may also move money from one investment fund to another at any time.
The Archdiocesan Matching Contributions
To encourage and help you save for your own financial security, we match 50% of the first 8% of pay you contribute to the Retirement Savings Plan. That’s an automatic 50% return on your investment! It means you receive 50 cents for every dollar you invest of the first 8% of pay you contribute.
Do Not Leave Money on the Table!
|If you contribute||Archdiocesan match* is an amount equal to||Your total savings is||What you’ve left on the table|
|1% of your pay||0.5% of your pay||1.5% of your pay||an amount equal to 10.5% of your pay|
|2% of your pay||1% of your pay||3% of your pay||an amount equal to 9.0% of your pay|
|3% of your pay||1.5% of your pay||4.5% of your pay||an amount equal to 7.5% of your pay|
|4% of your pay||2% of your pay||6% of your pay||an amount equal to 6.0% of your pay|
|5% of your pay||2.5% of your pay||7.5% of your pay||an amount equal to 4.5% of your pay|
|6% of your pay||3% of your pay||9% of your pay||an amount equal to 3% of your pay|
|7% of your pay||3.5% of your pay||10.5% of your pay||an amount equal to 1.5% of your pay|
|8% of your pay||4% of your pay||12% of your pay||You’ve left nothing on the table!|
*The Archdiocese matches up to 8% of pay.
Retirement Savings Plan Vesting
Vesting refers to your “ownership” of the money in the plan. You are always 100% vested in the money you contribute, plus any investment earnings they generate. Our matching contribution also vests immediately.
Investments and Fees
Effective April 1, 2008, our plans began offering Target Retirement Funds that invest according to your projected retirement date (age 65). As you get closer to retirement, the investment mix changes automatically, eliminating the need to “rebalance” your investments over time. You may also choose among a selection of other investment funds offered through McCready and Keene, the company that manages our Retirement Savings Plan.
An administrative fee of $14.00 per quarter will be paid from your account.
If eligible, you may withdraw your contributions from your Retirement Savings Plan account balance under specific conditions of financial hardship. These conditions include:
• medical hardship,
• purchase of your primary residence,
• tuition payments for post-secondary education for yourself, your spouse, your children or your dependents, or
• in the event of eviction or foreclosure or damage to your home by force of nature or
• for burial of yourself or a dependent.
You must stop your 403(b) contributions for six months after a hardship withdrawal.
Receiving Your Retirement Savings Plan Benefits
You may begin receiving benefits (making withdrawals) from your account as early as age 59 1/2 without penalties. You must begin receiving benefits by age 70 1/2. Your benefits become taxable as income when you begin receiving them. Many pay-out options are available. You may elect a lump-sum or partial lump sum payment. Or, you may decide to receive periodic distributions from your account.
Issues to Consider
It’s important to review your beneficiary designations each year. Things change – please take the time to make sure that your family is provided for in the event of your death. You can update your beneficiary information online at www.archindyretirement.org.
Knowing how much to save is almost as important as saving! Take advantage of the services that McCready and Keene offers to prepare for your retirement now.
You’ll find tools to help you assess your retirement savings needs at www.archindyretirement.org.